The Havurah (meaning a “group of friends”) started as an informal group for social get-togethers in 1986. First known as the Jewish Study Group, the group quickly prospered.
The Havurah’s current building was built in 1926 by members of the Golgatha Norwegian Lutheran Church. The building changed hands throughout the years and was purchased from the Bethel Church in 2001. Today, our building hosts weekly Torah Study, High Holiday celebrations, other holiday and festival days; and periodically has housed a Jewish school (Bet Sefer) for young people. The building is often rented out for interfaith activities, musical performances, private parties and is available for rent to the greater Vashon community.