The Havurah Building is available to rent for community events, craft fairs, music concerts, private classes, parties or other get togethers. The Havurah Building has wonderful acoustics and is a great music rehearsal space, or concert venue. The open floor plan and beautiful hard wood floors are perfect for movement based activities like yoga, fitness training, or dance. The Havurah building does not have a kitchen.
Our historic facility has an lot of natural light and rustic appeal. Folding chairs and tables are available on-site for renter use. The spacious grounds surrounding the building are available for renters to use.
We are conveniently located at 15401 Westside Hwy SW near the intersection of Westside Hwy SW and SW 154 St. Our location is easy to access from both the North End and Point Defiance-Tahlequah Ferry Docks, making it easy for those coming from off island. We are also within close range of Vashon Town, which has a grocery store, restaurants, gift shops and more. Our building features a small on-site parking lot and plenty of on-street parking.
Building Rental Rates:
Weekdays: $15 an hour.
Weekends (Starting at Friday after 5pm) $25 an hour.
Havurah Member Rate: Donation appreciated
Submit a Rental Request by Clicking Here.
For more information please contact our Administrarive Assistant at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download the Rental Contract
After event approval, payments can be made to:
Havurat Ee Shalom (Attention: Emma Amiad)
P.O. Box 89
Vashon, WA 98070
We ask that our renters
Give 48 hours advanced notice for any cancellations by contacting the Program Coordinator, at email@example.com.
Only occupy the premises during the agreed upon time. Pay all fees and return keys in a timely manner.
Protect the building by making sure all doors are locked.
Turn all lights out. (The Eternal light on pulpit above the arc cannot be turned off).
If using heat by setting a manual temperature, return the digital thermostat back to the automatic setting. (Directions are below the thermostat).
Please throw out all garbage, replace with clean plastic bag, put in trash cans on left side of building or take trash with you.
- All vehicles will be parked legally and will not block private roads or driveways.
- The building and surrounding property will be left clean and clear of litter or garbage.
- Tenant and guests will not handle ritual items such as prayer books, yarmulkes, or the Ark of the Torah.
- Outdoor noise will be kept to a strict minimum. No sound equipment or public address system will be used (except by express permission of the building manager).
- If food is served, every effort will be made to keep food and beverage waste off of the floor.
- If dancing will occur, all hard soled shoes, high heels, clogs or boots will be removed to protect the floor.
- Basement rooms may be used during the event. If the childcare room is used, tenant agrees to leave the room as they found it with all Havurah toys and games in good order.
- The key will be returned promptly at the end of the rental period.
- The tenant agrees to hold the landlord harmless from any liability arising from use of the building during the rental period.
Please Note: If you plan to publicize the location of your event, please refer either to “The Havurah Building” or “Havurat Ee Shalom.” (A point of Hebrew grammar)
Click here to submit a building rental request.